The mission of Kentucky Karst Conservancy (KKC) is “to protect and preserve Kentucky caves and karst, regardless of size, from abuse and recklessness that would cause destruction or alter their states by working with the landowners of these properties and training cavers in the leadership and skills necessary to promote best practices in caving safety and karst preservation.”
In order to fulfill the mission of Kentucky Karst Conservancy, its members will:
- Secure access to caves for its members and their associates.
- Keep its caves open to cavers.
- Strive to provide cave leadership training and new caver training.
- Make a commitment to educating members on how to care for caves.
- Make a commitment to understand the perspectives of cave landowners and conservers of caves and karst.
- Limit the risk presented to caves and karst by cavers by educating members in best practices for conservation and safety.
- Accept new, better practices regarding safety and preservation as they are introduced.
- Encourage communication and team mentality of cavers, to ensure group safety and group responsibility to safety and conservation.
- As a group, we are always growing and evolving. We welcome members of all backgrounds who support cave preservation.